Saturday, July 30, 2016

THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY and I think I'm doing well

July marks my third year of investing
And I think I've done not too bad. Looking at the chart below, I can see that my dividends are slowly but surely growing exponentially.
Also, I've not panicked and sold my positions when I fell into unrealised losses.



3 year CAGR of 3.95%
Could be higher, but that's fine given that it has only been 3 years and my CAGR is also dependent on equity price movements despite my dividend income being my main focus.

Outperformed the index
Also, STI's 3 year CAGR is -0.47% and their 10 year CAGR is 4.71%. Given that, I'm glad I've beaten the index, if not I should have just bought the index right?

2 comments:

  1. How do you measure CAGR for stock in and out and cash. Basically the number of period in the formula ? Personally i prefer XIRR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cory,
      I'm using CAGR very loosely as compared to IRR. Just calculating my annualised return on a simplified basis :)

      Delete